Sunday, November 18, 2007

Midpoint Check In

Okay...so maybe the actual midpoint would have been the 15th of November, but this is close enough. ;)

It looks like I've been fairly successful with NaBloPoMo and have managed to blog every day this month. NaNoWriMo...that's a different story. Since I'm also in the process of writing an outline for a musical...the novel has been put on the back burner...again. Perhaps one of these years I'll really get serious about writing 1600+ words a day.

Now that I'm blogging everyday, I wondered how long it took before this became a habit. I did some searching and found an article on "8 Rules to Develop the Habit of Blogging". For the most part, it seems to make sense, but I think that step #6 about charting your process is a bit excessive. Then again, I don't expect a huge readership beyond my friends and maybe some people I know from church, work and a couple organizations I belong to.

Step #8 says not to form any other habits when you're focusing on the habit of blogging. So, I guess that could be my excuse for not following through with NaNoWriMo. What do you think? =P

No comments: