Wednesday, November 07, 2007

How Do You Do This Again?

I don't know how most engineers are, but for me...if I don't touch code that I've worked on for a while...maybe even from a month or two ago...I may not remember even writing it. So...imagine the horror when I found out I needed to make changes on some applications that I hadn't work on...for at least 2 1/2 - 3 years! The former owner of these applications left the company a few months ago and assured me that I shouldn't need to make any changes to the code. Right... ;)

Luckily, after one botched attempt to compile something...needing to reinstall a windows component onto my computer...and breaking the staging server for about 20 minutes, I remembered enough to complete my task. Suddenly, I feel somewhat more accomplished...but starving. I'm finally going to go grab some dinner.

See you again tomorrow!

No comments: