Thursday, September 30, 2004

Where's Waldo Banned?

I know I'm a little late on this, but Banned Books Week is from September 25th to October 2nd. A friend of mine sent me a link to a website listing some of the more commonly banned books of the past 15 years. I was surprised to find some of my childhood favorites (as well as some books that were required reading from school) made the top 100 list:
  • A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
  • A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
  • Blubber by Judy Blume
  • How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
  • Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
  • The Color Purple by Alice Walker
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • Where’s Waldo? by Martin Hanford

Poor Waldo...what did he ever do to deserve this?


No comments: