Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Book Tag

Alright...I got tagged on another survey-type thing that's been going around the blogosphere. This time it involves books...and sadly...I do not read as much as I should. But, I will try to make this quiz as fun and exciting as I can...

One book that changed your life: The Bible - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (John 1:1) Nothing like reading something inspired by God to get you thinking about the way you live your life.

One book that you've read more than once: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte - Ah...two people who should have spent their lives together. Alas, love and ambition don't always mix. Do you ever find yourself hoping that things will end differently if you read it again?

One book that you'd want on a desert island: Les Miserables by Victor Hugo - That book is so darned long, I may have a fighting chance at starting and finishing it with nothing else to do on a deserted island.

One book that made you laugh: I tried to think of something else that would not make me seem so much like a nerd. But, I'd have to list my Artificial Intelligence textbook from college. I don't remember the exact title - the book is stowed away in a box somewhere - but it did much to amuse me. My favorite example was using the "Burn the witch" scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail to discuss flaws in some people's logic.

One book that made you cry: Charlotte's Web by E.B. White - I remembering bawling through the last couple pages when I first read it in fourth grade.

One book that you wish had been written: MINE! Someday I'll get around to completing something during NaNoWriMo.

One book you wish had never been written: The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - Yeah, yeah...I know it's a classic. But, I found it pretty boring and couldn't relate to any of the characters. C'est la vie. I should also say that honorable mention goes to James Joyce's "The Dead". But...since that's a short story and not a full on book - Fitzgerald's snoozer won out.

One book you are currently reading: The Importance of Being Earnest and Four Other Plays by Oscar Wilde - I find plays are a lot faster to read through than novels.

One book you've been meaning to read: Did you check out the bit about what I'd read on a desert island? Well...if you need another one, I would also like to get around to reading The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. Of course, I would prefer to read an unabridged version...but that may prove as challenging as Les Mis!

Okay...now time to tag a few more people. Wah ha ha...

Let's see how Jen, Lisa, Padgett, Jo and Judy respond, shall we?

1 comment:

lisa said...

send me a survey/questionnaire thingy, and you know I'll do it! :)