Sunday, June 29, 2008

It Only Takes A Moment

I've just gotten through a jam-packed weekend. I spent most of the time at a musical theatre conference, but after it was over earlier this evening, I managed to catch a later showing of the new Pixar movie, Wall-E. Luckily, this movie-going experience proved to be much more successful than the last time I tried to watch a Pixar movie.

Strangely enough, the movie ended up being relevant to musical theatre as well. I'm pretty sure millions of people headed to the movie theater, unwittingly subjected to Jerry Herman's Hello Dolly. It's always very cool to catch show tune references in movies...but I'm still waiting for the next great animated movie musical a la The Little Mermaid. In theory, Disney's Christmas 2009 release of The Princess and the Frog promises to return to that format. Here's hoping!

But...back to our new lovable Disney character, Wall-E...

The CGI flick proved to be another top-notch release from Pixar, but I was surprised with all of the social messages attached. It shows what can happen when you don't take care of the planet...and what happens when you choose to live in the virtual world versus the real world. I try my best to recycle and telecommute...but it seems like we're being overly bombarded with talk of "being green" lately. I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and release this movie on Earth Day. ;)

But I digress...go out see Wall-E...as well as every other Pixar movie you have yet to see. =)

No comments: