Wednesday, November 02, 2005

1/50 Of The Way There

So far, it's taking me about an hour to write every 500 words, give or take 10-20. With that in mind...it's going to take about 98 more hours this month for me to reach my goal of 50,000 words, not including potential writers block hours.

I'm thinking about plot and storyline a bit too much on this 30-day exercise. I should probably just invoke the stream of consciousness method, and write whatever comes out of my head at that present moment:
In psychology and philosophy stream of consciousness, introduced by William James, is the set of constantly changing inner thoughts and sensations which an individual has while conscious, used as a synonym for stream of thought.
Of course...I like being in control of my plots and characters...and I would like my story to be somewhat coherent. That would make it much easier to revise it in the future, if I mustered up enough energy to do so once November has come and gone. Ah well...I'm sure the closer we get to "turkey time", the less coherent my story will become. That is...if I'm still in the middle of writing it.

NaNoWriMo Word Count: 1,027

1 comment:

lisa said...

You can do it! My friend did NaNoWriMo a few years back...it was tough, but she got through it too! I always thought about it, but I've got ADD when it comes to writing extensively these days. Hell, I never truly finish my thoughts when I blog either. Anyhow...(see, I did it again)!