Friday, October 30, 2009

Maneuvering Around Oz

I have a few minutes before heading out for the day, so I thought I'd throw out a quick update.

I arrived in Melbourne, along with my mom, last Friday morning and have been touring parts of Victoria and South Australia for the past week.

After walking around Melbourne's City Centre and environs for a few days, I rented a car and drove the Great Ocean Road. If you're ever in the area, it's a beautiful drive...especially around the Twelve Apostles region around Port Campbell.

Since we were already halfway to Adelaide by the end of the Great Ocean Road...we kept on going. We spent the night in the small coastal town of Robe. I thought it was really pretty and wouldn't have minded if we spent more time there. Alas...we had to trudge along, so that we could catch our flight to Kangaroo Island.

While we were on the island, we took a guided tour to check out some of the cute fairy penguins that live along the coast of Penneshaw. I also managed to drive around the whole entire thing...heading to Seal Bay, the Koala Walk and Flinders National Park to view Admiral's Arch and the Remarkable Rocks. I'll try to post pictures as soon as I can. ;) (Oh...and we didn't see any wild kangaroos while we were on the island...but then again...I made it a habit not to drive between dusk and dawn.)

Now we're back in Adelaide to see the city sights before heading over to New South Wales...I'll see if I can check back again later (and maybe add some links). =)

No comments: