Saturday, August 30, 2008

Rebuffing The Status Quo

For the past few years, whenever I would catch up with friends, they'd ask me what I was up to. Inevitably, I would give the same answer...

Still working at the same place...

Still doing the same thing...

Nothing new...

I know...I live and fun and exciting life, don't I? ;)

Well...for those of you who I haven't talked to in a while...behold the bombshell...

I quit my job...

And I've decided to become a full-time writer!


I quit earlier this month and then high-tailed it out of the country to go see the Olympics in China and then visit Hong Kong. I finally made it back home on Monday...and after Labor Day, I'm going to settle down and do some serious writing.

I know computer engineer to musical theatre writer is a bit of a jump, but I'm really excited and can't wait to see what the future holds! =)

6 comments:

bobby said...

I actually noticed that on you Facebook status. Wow. Big move!

Good for you! Congrats on making a change and especially on taking a chance to follow a dream. Can't wait to hear how it goes, and hopefully to go see one of your shows! ;)

(Hey, I'm a poet and I didn't even know it!)

Anonymous said...

That's incredible and exciting news! Go you for pursuing your dreams. Good luck!!

lisa said...

Wow, that's fantastic -- CONGRATS!!!! Tell me more!

Joyfulness said...

Wow, good for you! I'm a closet writer myself so maybe you'll just be the motivation I need to quit my job... oh wait, I can't really do that - at least not until the kids are legal age to kick out of the house. :)

Will said...

omg. we have a lot to catch up on. how exciting.

mcnugget said...

Wow Maureen, the end of an era... many congratulations!!

Looking forward to reading (and seeing) your stuff!