Saturday, December 18, 2004

Les Misérables - Je Fus Misérable

Okay...so I don't speak French. But the handy dandy online dictionaries translate "Je Fus Misérable" to mean "I was miserable". Anyway...you get the idea.

Les Misérables is my most favorite musical of all time. I believe the count is now up to 5 viewings (Pasadena in 1994, Long Beach in 1996, Downtown L.A. in 2000, NYC in 2003, and today's viewing in Hollywood). As you can see, I try to see the show whenever it rolls into town.

Unfortunately, this time I caught it on the same day as about 200+ high school students, substituting the outing for their Winter Formal. While some 6 and 7-year-olds can handle sitting in the theatre for 3 hours, there are some 16 and 17-year-olds that cannot. Two of these teenagers were sitting in front of me.

From them there was fidgeting, talking, and way too much cracking of the neck. Suffice it to say, it was really hard for me to devote my full attention to the performance. Ah well...maybe I should work my way over to London and see it there...maybe a trip out of the country will help cool me off a bit. Grrr...

No comments: