Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Perspective

I may be busy and more stressed out than usual these days, but something like the shootings at Virginia Tech on Monday puts things into perspective. It also hit closer to home when I found out one of my sorority sisters was among the casualties. I did not know her personally, so I cannot fathom the loss that her family and friends are feeling during this dark time in their lives. I just pray that they are able to support one another and lean on God as they continue to sort things out.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 3:5-6
My prayers especially go out my other sorority sisters at Virginia Tech. I pray that you're all able to persevere and finish the semester, as bittersweet as those days may be. Keep her in your thoughts and remember her fondly.

1 comment:

Madley said...

I'm thinking about you and your sisters and their families... nothing like a tragedy as deep as this to remind us what's important.

Love,
Mad